I WILL PLACE THE EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL WELL‐BEING OF MY PLAYERS AHEAD OF A PERSONAL DESIRE TO WIN.
• Using appropriate language in appropriate tones when interacting with players, league officials, game officials, parents and spectators.
• Treating all players, league officials, game officials, parents and spectators with dignity and respect.
• Playing all players according to the equal participation rules established by the league and abiding by the spirit of those rules.
I WILL TREAT EACH PLAYER AS AN INDIVIDUAL, REMEMBERING THE LARGE RANGE OF EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT FOR THE SAME AGE GROUP.
• Recognizing the differences of each child and treating each player as an individual while demonstrating concern for their individual needs and well-being.
• Encouraging all players, regardless of skill level, to be included as a member of the team and to remain involved in sports.
• Recognizing that youth may vary greatly in physical, social and emotional maturation and considering these factors when setting up competitions and when interacting with them as a group.
I WILL DO MY BEST TO PROVIDE A SAFE PLAYING SITUATION FOR MY PLAYERS.
• Maintaining a high level of awareness of potentially unsafe conditions including but limited to dangerous weather, inadequate field maintenance, and faulty equipment.
• Seeing that all players are provided with adequate adult supervision while under the coach’s care.
I WILL PROMISE TO REVIEW AND PRACTICE THE BASIC FIRST AID PRINCIPLES NEEDED TO TREAT INJURIES OF MY PLAYERS.
• Recognizing and administering proper basic first aid to an injured player and not returning players to activity if they are compromised by injury.
• Demonstrating concern for an injured player, notifying parents and cooperating with medical authorities for severely injured athletes.
I WILL DO MY BEST TO ORGANIZE PRACTICES THAT ARE FUN AND CHALLENGING FOR ALL MY PLAYERS.
• Establishing practice plans that are interesting, varied, productive and aimed at improving all players’ skills and individual abilities.
• Devoting appropriate time to the individual improvement of each player.
• Conducting practices of reasonable length and intensity appropriate for the age and conditioning of the players.
I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE IN DEMONSTRATING FAIR PLAY AND SPORTSMANSHIP TO ALL MY PLAYERS.
• Adopting the position, teaching and demonstrating that it is our basic moral code to treat others as we would like to be treated.
• Exhibiting gracious acceptance of defeat or victory.
• Abiding by and supporting the rules of the game and league as well as the spirit of the rules.
• Using the influential position of youth coach as an opportunity to demonstrate, promote, teach and expect sportsmanship and fair play.
• Never incite un-sportsmanlike conduct which includes but is not limited to running up the score, seeking revenge on another player or team, leading the team in any kind of taunting chants/sayings and anything else that is not consistent with good sportsmanship.
• Raiders organzation will not tolerate any form of unsportsmanlike conduct, from any player, cheerleader, coach, official, referee, parent and/or fan. This conduct includes, but not limited to, negativity, disrespectful behavior, offensive language, spitting, throwing of objects, hitting, fighting, and/or threats of violence, toward any player, cheerleader, coach, official, referee, parents and/or fans.
I WILL PROVIDE A SPORTS ENVIRONMENT FOR MY TEAM THAT IS FREE OF DRUGS, TOBACCO, AND ALCOHOL, AND I WILL REFRAIN FROM THEIR USE AT ALL YOUTH SPORTS RELATED EVENTS.
• Being alcohol and drug free at all team activities or in the presence of players.
• Refraining from the use of any type of tobacco products at all team activities or in the presence of players.
I WILL BE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE RULES OF EACH SPORT THAT I COACH, AND I WILL TEACH THESE RULES TO MY PLAYERS.
• Becoming knowledgeable, understanding and supportive of all applicable game rules, league rules, regulations and policies.
• Teaching and requiring compliance of these rules among players.
I WILL USE COACHING TECHNIQUES THAT ARE APPROPRIATE FOR EACH OF THE SKILLS THAT I TEACH.
• Teaching techniques that do not enhance a risk of injury to players and opponents.
• Discouraging illegal contact or intentional dangerous play and administering swift and equitable discipline to players involved in such activity.
I WILL REMEMBER THAT I AM A YOUTH SPORTS COACH, AND THAT THE GAME IS FOR CHILDREN AND NOT ADULTS.
• Maintaining a positive, helpful and supportive attitude.
• Exercising your authority/influence as a coach to control the behavior of the fans and spectators.
• Accepting and adhering to all league rules and policies related to the participation of adults and youth.
• Placing the emphasis on fun and participation while encouraging children to do their best.